I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

February Training Totals

Here are the training totals for February.

The first chart is the total minutes cross training in each area.



This is the zones chart. It shows how much time I have been spending in each training zone.



Each zone is a different percentage of effort:

Zone #1 = 60% Recovery Zone

Zone #2 = 70% of Max.

Zone #3 = 80% to 85% of Max.

Zone #4 = 90% of Max.

Zone #5 = 100% of Max.Speed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What HRM are you using, and what software gives you those nice charts of workout time and zones?

dkpearse said...

Steve,

The heart rate monitor that I use is a Polar, but I did not use it for these charts. The Zones right now are a perceived effort rate, not an actual HR zones.

I am going for VO2 Max testing at the end of this month, and then I will be using actual numbers.

The charts are from Open Office Calc. I have my main training log in Calc, and just chart the numbers into a jpg. That way I can visualy see the differences between week to week and month to month.

Darrell