I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Training Camp - Day One PM

Back on to the water for the afternoon session.

This workout is going to be intervals. 3X 4mins on / 30 sec off 3 times.(4/30/4/30/4/30) The first session went ok. Maybe a little tippy due to the fact that I was bagging from the morning session. On the second set, Dan said everyone had to practice gliding the boat. We had to let the boat glide a little before taking the next stroke.

I did not too bad on this, but I could tell my balance was being to slip away from me. By the time we finished the second to last 4 min in the last set, I was done. For the last 4 min. set and the paddle back to the boat house , it was just a survival paddle. Just a little father to go, no need to swim back.

Tonight we are going for our Welcome dinner at the Dog and Pony pub. Yummy, greasy burgers here I come.

No comments: