I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Training Camp - Day Three AM

This morning we went over wake riding.

I swtiched to the Epic V10 - Sport surf ski for the training session. This was a very good idea, because the waves were getting on the large size for a K1. We practiced in pairs, and then in groups of four.

My pairing was with Steve in his K1 Thunder. We did ok, but the waves was making it difficult for Steve. We switched it up for the groups of fours. All the surf skis together and the K1s / sea kayaks in the other.

We cruised very good together in the skis. Moving to each of the four positions in the diamond. It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to this afternoon's session on starts. I am going to switch back to my Super Lancer for these.

No comments: