I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Training Camp - Day Two PM

This afternoon's workout was intervals. We paddled over to a marked out course on the other side of the lake. Our session was going to be 6X 500m. The first couple of sets was ok, but I felt I could do a little better. So third set I blasted off the start, it lasted about 100m, and then I was toast. So the last three sets were a struggle.

I was disappointed with how I performed. I should have concentrated more on technique than speed. Tomorrow I should be back in the Super Lancer. All in all, not my best day, but not my worst either.

No comments: