I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Training Camp - Day Five AM

This morning's talk was a review of what we had covered over the week.

The workout was suppose to be 9X 4 mins. on / 1 min. off, but it changed like the weather. The wind kicked up and the rain began to pour. I was in the CD Stratus again, because Dan was going to video us to see how we come since the start of the camp. so I wanted to make sure I didn't need to worry about balance, just concentrate on technique.

I was the first to be video taped. After that session, Dan changed the workout to a Fartlek workout. He said he would just pull aside each person to be video taped. After about 30 to 40 mins we were done, and gladly headed back to the boat house.

After we got dry clothes on, we reviewed all of the videos from the morning. Things I need to work on:

1.Fix blade angle – too open at the catch
2.Rotate more to get the paddle forward at the catch.
3.Blade buried all the way before rotating
4.Bring my elbow straight up.

No comments: