I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Getting a "Little" Better at Not Sinking

Well being Friday, I like to go a little harder before the weekend. So today in the pool I I conned myself into swimming the first 50m length, the proper way, and my frogy way back.

This went ok for the first half of my swim, but I could not keep it going. So I switched to just doing the proper stroke on the last 15 - 20m of each length, but at a really quick pace. This seemed to do the trick because I was bagged when I was finished. All in all, a good workout.

No comments: