I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cold Steady Paddle

Today was cold. I would like to know where the heat went today. burr. I decided to make today's paddle a 4X 4000m steady pace session, instead of a straight 16m grind.

After each set, I would stop at the dock, get out and stretch. I would think about my technique, and then back in the boat for more.

I managed to keep the sets fair close in time. (26, 27, 25.5, 26.5) Which means I was close to keeping the pace steady. Not a quick pace just a steady one. Now with these times in my log, I can use them to measure my progress as the year goes on.

2 comments:

rainbow said...

Were you paddling a club SuperLancer or your Thunder?

The lake was nice on Saturday, not much floating debris and very calm...John, Heide, Gary, Katja and myself were out with Lynn giving us some help with our technique.

dkpearse said...

I have been paddling one of the club's Super Lancers.

When I get back from the training camp next week, i will be switching to the Thunder.