I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Training Camp - Day One AM

Well I arrive at the boathouse this morning just before 8am.

Met up with Dan and the rest of the Masters for the camp. We started off by introducing ourselves, and what our paddling history so to speak was.

There are seven people in the camp, with a wide variety of boats and skill levels. This will be a good group to train with.

Our first workout session was repeats, which comprised of 6X 6 mins. on / 2 mins off. During this time Dan was video taping everyone for analysis later in the day. I am still trying to get over my cold, so my pace was medium. Not that I could go any faster at this point.

After the training session, we went back to the boat house and got warm clothes on, ate our lunches and then Dan gave us a Forward Stroke presentation. Then we watched ourselves in the videos. I was impressed with my position in the boat. I am sitting a lot taller, and not slouched over. I have been working on this, so it is good to see it in action. Right now, I need to work on bringing my on side elbow up higher.

Time to get ready to go back on the water.

No comments: