I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Swim Workout

Today I started to swim a minimum 25m, each length of 50m doing the front crawl. This way I am forcing myself to swim properly. I am taking in less water each session, but I am still taking in too much.

I am finding that swimming is the same idea as kayaking. You are putting in your hand (blade) as far forward as possible to get the maximum draw length. I have been rotating my torso to get my hand farther forward. Like paddling you are placing your hand in the water and trying to pull yourself past your hand.

Towards the end of my session, I started to hammer the last 15 to 20m in each length. I can breathe better when going faster. Go figure.

No comments: