I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Running - Too Fast, Too Soon

Today's run started a little fast for how I was feeling. It wasn't long before my breathing was getting a little strained, so I knew I wasn't 100%. The pace was being set by Mig, who's breathing was sounding like mine.

I wanted to see how long we could hold this pace. After the second set, I decided that we should slow down to a more doable pace. This worked out good for me. I was able to work on technique at this speed. I still need to work on lower my shoulders and not being so scrunched up, and lengthening my neck out, to keep me relaxed as I run.

I also worked on looking as far ahead as I could, instead of looking at the ground three meters in front of me, and not leaning as I run.

No comments: