I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Running Workout

The run was really good today. (6X) 6 mins. Jog / 1 min.Walk, with the usual 5 mins warm up and cool down. The pace was easy and relaxing. Yes, you read that correctly relaxing. I missed two run workouts last week from work and family commitments, so this pace was good for me.

It gave me time to work on stride, and my breathing. As well as relaxing while I ran. Everything just seemed to click. I was actually gliding. Now I know how the top runners feel. If I could only do this at speed it would be great.

All this running is started to work for me in the boat. I can feel my endurance building. Which is the whole reason why I am doing all this running in the first place.

No comments: