I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Back in the Pool Again

Well after almost 2 weeks out of the pool, I thought I was going to just sink to the bottom of the pool and stay there. I was surprised that today's swim was a lot easier with the same workout ( 25m on / 25m off ) that I ended with two weeks ago.

In fact after the first 15 minutes, I started to push it a little. My exchanges are about the same. If I do not concentrate, I will end up with a mouth full of water. Which happened once this morning.

After listening to Dan this past week, all I hear now is “feel the glide”. Even when I am swimming, with my face in the water, in the back of my head is “feel the glide”. So I tried it with swimming as well. It seems to work. It certainly makes it easier to go the same speed as before.

No comments: