I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Year Of The Rat

Happy New Year everyone.

I guess there was too much celebrating last night because I got next to nothing in terms of sleep last night. My rest pulse went very high, and my energy and motivation was, on a scale of 5, at 1.

I was a walking zombie at work for most of the day. I least I made it in. Some people who will remain nameless, did not come in. It was raining in the morning, but as the day went on my energy level and the weather got better and better.

I had only one person for today's training run. A first timer, so we changed the run to match, which in my present state was perfectly fine with me. 2 mins. walk / 1 min light jog.

Afterwards, I only managed to do about 1/2 hr of ice skating, because I got there late. To much eating at our new years dinner. Oh well.

Gung Hay Fat Choy

2 comments:

rainbow said...

Great to see you are enjoying your training. Have you given any thought to these yet?

"I guess in my next post I will have to actually list my time goals and my physical goals for the next two years. Once it written, I guess I am committed."

dkpearse said...

I have worked on the time goals, but have not written then down yet.

Once I have commited to the the times, then I have to "reverse engineer" to determine the phsyical aspects of it.

I guess this mean i will need to do it sooner than later. Thanks for the kick in the ass. Sometimes I need it. ;-)