I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Long, Hard Run

This is one of those runs, where I ask myself why am I running, when I am a kayaker.

It was one of those, hey drop me off, and I will run home from there. (It seemed like a good idea at the time) Well at turned out to be a hard 8.58 kms jog. I tried to do it without walking, but I could not. I guess I was a little tired from yesterdays K1 practice.

I was happy with the distance, but not the time. It turned out to be 54:24 with an average pace of 9.5 kph. Which would be a 1:03:20, 10K. This is not the speed I was hoping for. I should have cut the distance down and upped the speed. Oh well, next time.

It is a good thing that I am starting to do longer runs. I am coming up to week 6, on the 13 week run program. So I need to start increasing the distances, but maintain the speed.

No comments: