I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Morning Swim & Surprise

This mornings swim started with a good surprise. As I was standing at the front desk waiting to be let in, my brother walked through the door with his swim gear. He was surprised to see me. He tries to swim every Friday, as part of his training as a triathlete. We managed to catch up on life at each other's homes, and then it was off to do laps.

Today's swim was an improvement from Wednesdays swim. I managed to keep swimming laps without stopping. there was a "pause" of a couple of seconds at a few of the turns, but basically non-stop for the full 1/2 hour.

Continuous improvement is what I am striving for, in all of these training sessions. I have to remember to concentrate on the things that I can control and improve upon them, and ignore the things I cannot.

No comments: