I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming.....

Well I have now been swimming for a good three weeks, at three times a week, and I am still a spaz in the pool.

The Tri-Athletes in the lane next to me, must be laughing their heads off. (That's that noise I have been hearing underwater.) This is something I am going to have to work at to get any better. By better, I mean getting more out of each session with the limited time I have. Which means I am going to have to start swimming properly , and not like the drunk frog I have been imitating so far.

Swimming is great cross training for paddling. It has cardio, strength training, core work, and no impact, all in one. Plus it will come in handy if I need to swim to shore after falling in. (Which I will try to prevent at all costs)

No comments: