I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Stupid Weather

Well I got up this morning to be greeted by....SNOW. I could not believe it, here I was getting pumped to back to running, and here it is snowing. Needless to say there was a few curses being thrown out.

Anyways know the local weather, I took my running gear with me to work, just in case. As I drove down the hill to work, the snow turned to rain. Heavy rain, but at least it was not snow. As the day went on the rain did not stop, so I decided that today would be an indoor running session. I have a "track" setup here in the shop. It is about 100 meters. I can stay dry and still run to my hearts content.

As the morning became the afternoon, I checked the English Bay web cam (www.katkam.ca) to check out the weather that was coming, and I could not believe my eyes, sunshine. By the time it was time to go running, it was sunny and fairly warm. you got to love the weather here.

I had two co-workers running with me today, so the pace was in the lower medium range.
We did the 8 X 2 Jog / 1 Walk session, with the last set a running drill. The last person in the line would have to run to the front., and then the next person would have to run up. We rotated this way for the whole two minutes. I thought this was great, the other two, not so much.

I have now openly volunteered to train anyone at work for the Sun Run. Two sessions a week.
It will help me out with my training as well. As for the donations for the "Climb the Wall", I am now up past $200.00 between the website and hand in donations. I would like to thank the people who have donated already. It is going to a really good cause.

No comments: