I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Climb the Wall Race

Well today was the "Climb the Wall" race.

We got there early so we could watch the fireman's competition. They went up with 60 lbs of full gear. The race was won with a time of 6:07.

The mens winner had a time of 4:39. My time was 8:44, not bad for a first timer. Now that I know the layout so to speak, I will go up much faster next year.
Yes I am going to make this an annual thing.



This is the start at the bottom of the centre.

In this room was all the displays for the various sponsors. i.e. Adidas, B.C.Lung, Firefighters,Jack FM, etc. There was also plenty of pre-race and after race food and drinks. (COFFEE) There was even a large screen to watch the action from that room.



I would like to thank all the people who supported me in this event, and to all the volunteers, who without them this would have never had happened.

No comments: