I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kicking It Up A Notch

Since I was on my own for today's run, I decided to kick it up a notch, and go above my race pace.
The workout was the same as Tuesday ( 6 X 3 Jog / 2 Walk), but I would do all of the jogs at above my goal race pace of 12.16 kph. (sub 50 min). Here are the jog times for each set:


I wanted to push myself throughout the entire session. Which I did surprisingly. The best set was of course the last one because it is the hardest. You're bagged from the previuos 5 sets, and you need to really push the pain out of you're head and hammer. This is training me to go beyond the pain and concentrate on the finish.

My average speed was 12.80 kph, which is great for me. I am really happy about my run and my training objectives for the workout.

Now it is off to home for a quick bite, and off to ice skating for an hour.

No comments: