I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Great Run

Boy what a difference a couple of days makes. It did not take long to recover from my bad run on Sunday. My resting pulse rate even went down farther than my normal low, so I knew I was good to go.

We did 7X 5 mins jog / 1 min walk. This was a good workout. Just enough time to really push it a bit, and just enough recovery time. I can't wait for Thursday's run. Time to give it a really good push, as I am trying to come up with my race strategy for the Sun Run. Right now I am leaning towards a two walk strategy. 15 mins on / 2 mins walk. As the race gets closer I will probably adjust my thinking.

No comments: