I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back in a K1

Well to day was the first paddle in 7 weeks.

Boy did it feel good to be back in a K1. It was a coached Technique session. I did 11 Kms of paddling, just concentrating on my technique and getting used to a K1 again.

My coach has seen improvements in my posture in the boat from the last practise. It comes from the run training that I have been doing. I am slouching a lot less in the boat. This will mean that I will be able to put more leverage on the paddle, and will also be able to breathe user.

Balance was good today, no problems at all. Of course it probably was because I was paddling a Think Super Lancer. It is without a doubt a great boat to train and race in. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

joshua said...

Let me tell you that this is one of the very best blogs I've ever visited!

Congrats!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

dkpearse said...

Thanks Joshua.

Hopefully what I am doing , will help out other paddlers get faster.