I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weird Paddling Weather

Today was one of those weird days for weather. Last week I was out paddling in Lycra shorts and a light long sleeve shirt. Today it was full neoprene with a dry top. It was cold and windy.

When I got to the lake, there was a couple of the juniors standing around waiting ti be picked up, but no coach to be seen anywhere. So I asked and they aid that she had a race to go to. So this week we were on our own. Chris, Dan, and myself did 8 kms of straight tech paddling.

With the Sun Run tomorrow, I did not want to push it, and be worn out for the race.

No comments: