I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Running Workout with Pain.

This run was another (6X) 5 on / 1 off. This is the plan I am going to use for the Sun Run.

For the Sun Run it will be (8X) which should bring me under my goal of under 50 minutes.

The first two sets went ok. It was an easier pace than before because I was going to race at Deep Cove tonight. The third set though, I got a huge side stitch. Man did that hurt. I had to really concentrate on breathing in through my nose. (which I don't normally do), but it was not very easy because I still have my cold.

It took all the way to the last set for it to go away. The next two sessions I will increase the intensity and then take it easy till the Sun Run.

No comments: