I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Short Swim

Wouldn't you figure, the day I decide to start swimming longer, they shorten the lanes to 25m for a swim meet. Anyways, I did manage to lengthen out my swims just with a turn in the middle.

I had to stop after each 50m loop to rest though. I am determined to eventually swim non stop for the entire 30 mins. I know my pacing is way too fast right now to make the entire time. The lanes were double wide this morning, so I was able to swim side by side with another guy. He was swimming non stop and doing some nice kick turns as well.

I was using him as a pace setter. The problem was he was going too slow for me to stay up. If I stayed with him, I had the feeling I was going to sink, If I went my normal pace, I wear out way too fast. I need to find a happy medium pace.

After yesterday run and this mornings swim I decide to relax for about 5 mins in the hot tub to loosen up some muscles that were beginning to tighten. I am looking forward to this weekend. The temperature is "suppose" to jump up to 15C.

Also our Burnaby Long Distance regatta is this weekend.

No comments: