I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back to Running

Today's workout was suppose to be (4X) 10 mins on / 1 min off, but I had to change it because I was tight for time. So I changed it to (6X) 4 mins. on / 1 min off, with the four mins being progressively harder. Which means that during the 4 minutes on, the intensity would go up after each minute. (1st min = 50%, 2nd min.= 60%, 3rd min. = 70%, and 4th min. = 80%)

This turned out to be a really good workout. I am going to mark this one down as one of the better sessions, and adapt it to the boat as well.

No comments: