I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Swim Workout

Today I started a new swim workout. In order to push my endurance I have switched my workout to 50 m. Breast stroke / 100 m. Front crawl. I had to decrease my pace on the front crawl, but it managed to work out fairly well.

I did this for the entire 30 minutes, with an odd ball ending at the far end of the pool. So for the last length I did , 25 m. Breast with 25m all out sprint. The absolute fastest stroke rate I could manage. This was a little difficult because there were four people in the lane, with everyone heading for the same end as me. So there was some weaving involved.

All in all, a good workout.

No comments: