I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Running with a Back Pack

Today's run was a little different. Our company had a all day off site meeting for the management team. So I decided to pack my running gear with me, and get a ride there. So that after the meeting I would just run back to work.

So after the meeting, I changed into my running gear, packed up my back pack and ran back to work. It was a 5 km jog. I weighted my back pack at work, and it turned out to be 9-1/2 lbs.

The pack has no waist strap, so I had to slow down a little and smooth out my stride, so the back pack would not bounce around so much. I have to admire the adventure racers that have to run for many kilometers with even heavier packs on.

No comments: