I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Morning After Swim

After yesterday's double workouts (running and surf ski race) I was bagged. So getting out of bed to go swimming was quite a chore. I really had to talk my self into going. My motivation level was a 2, and was not looking forward to doing laps.

As I was getting ready to leave to go, my enthusiasm was increasing, and by the time I had drove to the pool, I was ready to go. The kids from the swim club were in the lane next door. Boy are they fast. They were swimming on their sides and just blowing me away. Hopefully some Olympic hopefuls in there.

No comments: