I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

P90X Phase One - Day Thirty


Wow thirty days already. Time really flies when you are focused.

This mornings workout was Core Synergistics, and after only getting about 4-1/2 hours sleep, it was difficult. This is really a great core workout, and I felt it afterwards. On this first run through I did not add any weights to the exercises, just worked on form.

This was a good idea, especially doing the Lunge, Kick Back, Curl, Press routine. I tries it first with weights but had to drop them because I was such a spaz, I kept tipping over. I also had trouble doing the Superman to Banana exercise. Going from Superman to Banana I had no problems, but going the opposite way, I had to push off with my hand every time.

No one is perfect right off the get go, and these are areas I need to work on. It what makes this program fun. Learning new exercises and moves makes it interesting and challenging.

1 comment:

Bo said...

Yeah, I had a problem with superman-banana the first run through Core Syn, because I realized that my tiny office room / gym didn't have the room to have me roll over 4 times :)

I only have done the workout once, but I love how it "tricks" you into thinking your doing not-so-core-intensive type moves, but at the end you really feel what you've done.