I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

P90X Phase One - Day Twenty Four


Today was my fourth round of shoulders and Arms, because I am re-doing week three over again.
Even with my cold, I managed to keep the same intensity was the last time I did this workout. The only exercise I did not match was the second round of Tricep Extensions. I had to stop two reps short because I was going to drop the weight on my head.

Since I have started P90X, my chair dips have gone from 20 reps to 40 reps, with my butt just short of touching the floor. Those last 5 reps are a killer. I am also up to 20 Side Tri-Rises, again the last three or so reps are difficult, to say the least.

Even though I am struggling with the weights I am using, I need to start looking for heavier ones. So I can decrease the number of reps I am doing. Less reps with heavier weights is where I am heading towards.

No comments: