I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Friday, October 10, 2008

P90X Phase One - Day Fourteen AM


I was so bagged from traveling up the coast yesterday, that I did not do the Kenpo workout, but did it this morning instead.

This is definately a cardio workout, wth not much if any breaks inbetween sets. For the breaks you have a choice of running in place, jump rope, and jumping Xs, or actually taking the 30 seconds break. I did the cardio. This workout is a tough one. I main problem was with the kicks to the side and back. I had to really slow down and concentrate on my form, verses speed and power.

Hopefully I will find time tonight to do the X Stretch workout, but I am not going to hold my breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your hitting the weight workout pretty hard. Do you still have time for getting out in a boat?

Thats the challenge I face, I only have so much time to train, and right now its all in the boat, no time for weights, which I know I should be doing as well :(

dkpearse said...

Right now I have very limited time in the boat. Fall / Winter is the kids stuff, so I really have to schedule my time. Sunday mornings is when I get to paddle, and the odd Saturday for the technique classes at Burnaby Lake.