I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

P90X Phase One - Day Seventeen

I have the past two days of P90X, one because of travel and the second because of illness. Monday had to be the worst day on the ferries I have ever experienced.The first ferry out of Earl's Cove was an hour late. Which made us late for the ferry at Langdale. We had a two boat wait while in Langdale, so my evening was completely shot. So no Chest and Back workout.

The next night, my cold was getting the best of me, and so no workout. So tonight I was really looking forward to getting back on track. Tonight's workout was Shoulders and Arms, which is one of my favourites. I upped the weight and lowered the number of reps. That sure made a big difference. I could barely hold the pencil to mark down my info after each exercise. I tried to do each exercise to failure, and at one point I thought I was going to drop one of the weights on my head during the laying down triceps extensions.

This weeks schedule is a little crazy trying to get all the workouts in, I might decide to re-do this week.

No comments: