I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, October 27, 2008

P90X Phase One - Day Twenty Nine


Today's workout was Yoga X, and It is becoming my favourite session. When I started doing this workout at the beginning, I cannot tell you how many times I fell over. I was thinking that Tony and the group was not human, but I kept working at it, and now I can go through the workout without falling.

Mind you my form is still no where near to the group. but I am going to keep pushing it. This workout has really helped my flexibility, and this will show up in the boat. My Quads and Hamstrings have always been really tight, which does not equal a good leg drive. The looser the muscles the better the drive with each stroke. It will also help prevent injuries, and increase my endurance.

No comments: