I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thunder and Lightning Run

Because of my leg tightening up, this morning's run was a slow one. Just a straight 25 minutes at an easy pace of 10.6 average speed. My right ankle has tightened up again on me. This time before I ran, I put on Tiger Balm on my ankle and calf muscles, and made sure that I did a warm up walk of 5 minutes.

This really helped, but my leg was still tightening up by the end of the 25 minutes. This is something I am really going to have to keep an eye on. This week I am suppose to be doing at least four runs.

No comments: