I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Run Before the Race

Today I decided to come down to Vanier Park, and run along the trail that follows the shoreline around English Bay. Scenery wise it is a much nicer run here than by work. Instead of looking at the river and warehouses, I get to look at the north shore mountains, sailboats, Freighter, volleyball players, etc.

The run was another 20 mins steady state. The pace was a little higher than Tuesday's run at 11.5 kph,instead of 11.1 kph. This run was a little more challenging as well. As it was rolling hills and stairs to go up and down.

So now it is off to register for tonight's race.

No comments: