I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinqo de Mayo – PM Paddle

I went back to the slew in the afternoon to do so more paddling. as before the first 500 meters or so was a little dicey. But it was not long before I was back on track. The slew was wavy and the currents were swirling in circles. The rowers were out practising with a coach boat. The coach boat was ripping up and down between rowers making some rather large waves. It made for some interesting paddling, thats for sure.

I did not have the same amount of time this afternoon, but still managed to do about 6.69 kilometers, for a total of 15.86 for the day. This is a good start in the Thunder, hopefully I can keep the momentum up.

No comments: