I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Big Chop #3 Reminder


This Thursday is Big Chop #3.

Registration is at 6pm, with racing starting at 7pm.

Cost is $8.00, which includes Food and Drinks, as well as the now famous draw prizes.

The race it self will be approximately 8 kms, with a shorter "small chop" of 4 kms.

It will be a medium low tide at the time of the race. see picture below.



One of the new series sponsors is Accent Paddles. www.accentpaddles.com

They have come out with a new wing blade, that is one of the draw prizes every race.

They use a new type of angle lock on their paddles, called Twist Tight Technology.



I have my fingers crossed, that I will be "testing" one after this weeks race.

No comments: