I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Running Early and Tired

This morning the motivation factor was next to zero, or as Tudor would say “the willingness to train”
I was bagged from bad sleep, and going to bed too late. This past week it has been like that. Low motivation.

The workout was only going to be a steady 30 minutes. My lack of energy and my right ankle was going to keep the speed down, or so I thought. I told Michelle that she was to set the pace. Well right off the bat the pace went up to the low 12s / high 11s. For me this pace was a little too much, I was feeling my ankle fairly quickly, even with the Tiger Balm, and massage before the run. After about 5 minutes at this pace my ankle was starting to feel better, so I kept the pace up.

This worked out fairly well , until about the 20 minute mark. That's when Michelle breathing started to ramp up at a very fast pace. Finally after about two minutes of this, I slowed the pace down so she could concentrate on her breathing. We cruised in the high 9s, and her breathing improved immediately.

Next run on Thursday. Hopefully the weather will be warmer. My ankle seems to like the heat.

No comments: