I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Running Speed Workout


Today's workout is the start of speed work. Which I am really regretting, because I am really tired,but I sucked it up and did them anyways. The suggestion was 8 to 10 times of 2 mins fast / 1 min easy. With how I felt, and knowing that a had a surf ski race in a couple of hours, I changed it to 6 times.

This was a good move, as the speed was getting up there. There was a couple of sets where Michelle set the pace, and then there was the ones where I set the pace. With the slowest being 12.0 kph, and the fastest being 14.5 kph. This is definitely the speed I am looking for right now. Slowly buy surely the speed will increase, it just takes time and some patience.

If I start to push it too soon, it will just result in injuries, which is something I absolutely do not want. I spent a year with foot injuries it is not fun, and does not make you faster.

No comments: