I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sun Run Training Run #1

Today was my first Vancouver Sun Run training run. It was just an easy 6 km jog just to shake out the cobwebs known as my running.

The entire workout was only 41 minutes long, which consisted of:

5 minute warm up
15 minute jog
1 minute walk break
15 minute jog
5 minute cool down.

During the jog, I concentrated on technique, landing on my forefoot, and springing off with each stride. I kept the stride itself to a short distance, but kept the turn over at a medium pace. Also I focused on driving my elbows back, and keeping my arm bent at less than 90 degrees. (hands closer to my feet) This helps in keeping my shoulders from shrugging while I am running.

It was a good workout, after having not ran in so many months.

No comments: