I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

P90X Phase Two - Day Forty Two


Today was as usual, a make up day. I have missed both Yoga X on Thursday and Kenpo on Saturday do to scheduling conflicts. So I decided to go for Yoga X as the workout I made up.

I really went for it all the way up to Warrior Three. With each move I would really push myself to go farther than before. Once I got to Warrior Three things started to get too tough. I had to drop my back leg to the ground to do the moves, but I still pushed the exercise as much as I could.I would twist as far as I could on the Half Moons, and with each breath go a little more.

It was a very good session, and I am glad I did it. One of the main things in the boat is balance, and Yoga really works you over in that department. I highly recommend it to improve your balance, flexibility, strength, and endurance.

No comments: