I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, November 3, 2008

P90X Phase Two - Day Thirty Six


Today is the first day of the second phase. I am one third of the way through the first round. It is kind of a milestone in my journey for better fitness, and being able to go faster in the boat.

I thought that Shoulders and Arms was a good workout. It was nothing compared to Chest, Shoulders and Arms. This workout is great. For the first time through this workout, I took it easy on the weight. Good thing. Even with the lighter weights I was struggling with the last three reps. The slow motion push up were specially hard. Going down for a count of four, and back up to a count of four, and it seems Tony counts way too slow. The one arm push ups I had to do it on my knees, there was no way I was going to able to do it with straight legs at that point.

My personal favourite exercise in this workout was the pike presses. It is a kind of do or die exercise. If you fail part way, you are going to do a face plant guaranteed.

No comments: