I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

POWERbreathe Update

Well it has been a week since I started using the POWERbreathe. During the week I have been doing some testing with the flow meter. So far I have not measured any difference in my output.

This weekends practice proved differently. During my paddle workout, I noticed that I was not struggling as much with my breathing during the power ups I was doing during wash riding exercises. It was very noticeable for me. As well, I have made a jump in the level I am using with the POWERbreathe. I am now at level one and going up a half level tomorrow.

I am looking forward to this weeks testing to see if I did it correctly, after feeling a noticeable difference in the boat.

No comments: