I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last K1 Practice Before Kamloops



Tonight I skipped the Tuesday night race in favour of a K1 practice at Deas.

The shorter paddle length really helps out with stability, and I was cruising along quite nicely in the Thunder.It was just an easy paddle, just concentrating on technique and some playing around in the boat. The wind was up a bit, and it made for some nice wave riding on the way back from the bridge.

The safety boat for the rowers was out making some good waves to play on. So now it is off to Kamloops for district qualifiers on the week end.

No comments: