I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Another Day, Another Run

Today was the first run of the week, and it was a good one. Same distance, just a little quicker. I can feel the motivation for running is beginning to return.

This is good because running is the fastest way to get in shape that I know of. It is like the most bang for the buck, sort of thing. I am going to try to do three runs a week to start with and maybe down the road increase it to five per week, depending on my lack of time.

My main goal with the running is build up my endurance again, but doing it injury free.
If I stick with a gradual build up, I think it is doable.

No comments: