I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Deas K1 Practice

This morning, since I came home early was going to be a K1 practice in the Thunder. It was low tide and breezy. This was go for a technique practice, because you can turn in any direction to paddle different conditions. With the wind, against the wind, across the wind, etc.

The one thing that I was concentrating on for this practice was leg drive. I wore my stickiest shorts, so I would have to really push hard in order to get any kind of rotation. You really need good contact with the foot board in order to get good drive. With this in mind, I kept moving my seat up after each lap. With each adjustment I could feel I improvement in the drive and the control of the boat. Now I see why my coach was bugging me do move my seat up for the past year.

By the time I was finished a hour and fifteen minutes later, the set was as far as it could go towards the front. Now I need to back it off a notch and move the foot board closer to keep the trim level.

Another good practice with some improvements made.

No comments: