I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First Run In A Long Time

This morning was my first run in about two months. I have not been running because of my right calf. It was chronically tight, and even the easiest run was painful. I felt that my leg was finally ok to start running again, plus my paddling endurance is really suffering without the cross training

It was going to be a very easy run, and the distance to start was going to be short. At 6 in the morning the temperature is prefect for running, but even then it was warm, and I was really sweating by the time I finished.

In the end, it was a good run, and I managed to keep it an easy one. Normally I have a habit of going to hard to quickly. So for the next couple of months I will increase the distance and speed.

No comments: