I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Back On Track - Running Again

This morning I was out running again.

Already it was easier than Wednesday's run. It was the same workout as before, a nice easy run just to get back into the groove of training again. The distance was 4.5 kilometers, and even though it was early morning (6am) it was getting rather toasty out.

Slowly I will start first bringing the distance up, and then start working on the speed aspect of it. There is a race in the fall that goes around Stanley Park. It is 10 kilometers and I think I will use that as a goal for mt running. I have promised to do a couple of 5Ks as well, I just have to pick which one(s) that fit the schedule. (ya right, fit the schedule)

No comments: