I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Climb the Wall Entry

Well another cross training event that I always wanted to do, but never did, until now.

I signed up for the "Climb the Wall" race.

"More than 600 participants will go one-on-one with BC's tallest staircase in support of clean air and lung health, climbing all 739 steps and 48 storeys of the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel to help fund vital research, programs and initiatives."

The race is on Sunday February 17th, 2008 at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel.

If you would like to sponsor me, the web site is: http://stairclimb2008.kintera.org/darrell

or

if you would like to do the race for yourself the link is: http://stairclimb2008.kintera.org

The deadline for donations is March 14th, 2008.

Thank you for your support.

No comments: