I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

2nd and 3rd Training Runs

Wow, this week has really gone by fast, and with all three training runs in the bag, I'm feeling pretty good. Of course now that I have said this, the weather report is calling for snow for the weekend and the beginning of next week.

2nd Training Run:

It was an OK run. Still sore from the 1st run, but my quads seem to get better as I went along.
Did a 2 on / 1 off run 9X. Kept the speed at around 10 kph. So it was an easy jog.

3rd Training Run:

Legs were feeling good. No soreness at all. Did 8 X 2 on / 1 off, with the speed at 12 kph +.
Did the same distance with 8 sets as I did with 9 sets.

After running, I did one hour of ice skating. I can't wait for the Olympic speed skating oval to be finished. That is definitely going to be my "winter sport" in the coming years. Maybe by that time they will come up with a World's Masters Games for winter sports.

No comments: